“I just couldn’t help myself; that bud smelled sooooo good,” said David Allen Thompson as he was booked in the small Pennsylvania town of Charleroi. The list of charges looks pretty nasty …
– theft by unlawful taking,
– receiving stolen property,
– tampering with/fabricating physical evidence,
– possession of a small amount of marijuana.
So where did 27-year-old David get his marijuana stash? From the desk of Officer David Kimball at the Charleroi Regional Police station. David Thompson had dropped by of his own free will to do the good deed of telling the police where they could find some real criminals. In the process, he noticed an evidence bag of “weed” sitting on the officer’s desk for a case that he was writing up. While the officer was distracted, he slipped it into his pocket.
When Officer Kimball couldn’t find the bag, he headed outside the police station hunting for David. Within five minutes, Kimball spotted him walking by. Upon being asked, “What did you do with the weed?” David dropped the baggie back into Officer Kimball’s hands.
Inside the station while he was being booked, David said, “Man, I’m guilty. Can’t you just give me a fine or something?”
– Are there any big criminals out there that you’d be happy for God to take care of?
– Do some sins sound soooo good that a little bit once in a while is irresistible for a mere human?
– Do you tell God the size His “fine” should be?
Remember, “a just weight and balance are the Lord’s” (Proverbs 16:11). He’ll do a perfect job of examining our “rap sheets.” Will it be wiped clean by the blood of Christ, or will it require you to answer for yourself for what you yourself have to say “Man, I’m guilty” about?
Did You Know About These “Crimes”?
– “The thought of foolishness is sin” (Proverbs 24:9).
– “Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).
– “Whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment” (Matthew 5:22).